Skip to main content

i will stop (never stop mourning)

monday, april 15th, 2019 :: waxing moon 



how our hands hold dream

how we are making dreams when we 

cook love, for our beloved, with our hands 



when we cook yams, and beets, and greens 

and how this gives us our hands back to us 



how we fall in love with experience 

how we handle, tangle, and disturb even the outsides 

of what we want 



i am in so much pain 

i am in so much physical pain today 

and i am breathing with it and then pausing to weep 



the weeping comes out of my body sometimes



sometimes the weeping does not stop 



sometimes i wonder how much longer i will be grieving my mothers grief 



how can i make separate her grief from mine? when really, 

it is a line of beckoning hands showing me their scars 

and how can i say no? 

how can i say no to my own kin? 



i can . 



i can say no. because i love myself, because i care for myself and my life and my dreams 

more than i care for being loved 

because i will no longer shrink myself in order to feel love anymore 



no



i will stop trying to prove

stop trying to prove i am lovable 

stop trying to prove i am enough 

stop trying to prove that i am a good white, owning class person, 

a caring person, someone you can trust 



i will stop trying to prove these things 



my spine might break 

my hips might cave in on themselves 



and how our hands, our hands hold dream. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(inside there is a death forest)

this video is a welcoming of the coming of winter. a ritual offering to Morana, the slavic goddess of death and rebirth, of winter, and of dreams. a heartfelt calling to the Beloved who dwells within. winter always reminds me of my aloneness. the sacred temple of my own heart. how when i am looking to be saved, there is no one really to save me but my own self. this video is a celebration of an inward turn towards self, finding friendship there. an exploration of how my gender is ecologically defined and seasonal. this is a non-binary body project. the small beginnings of what it means to find safety in myself and metabolize shame. this body, who has been a home of sexual violation. this body, who has received without wanting to, this body, who has been tricked into giving, this body, who has survived and carried breath across generations. this body, who knows pain, and this body, who is also beginning again to re-know pleasure. this short film is a compilation of imag

may we rest

moments to pause and praise amidst the quickening,   the racing of vision and breath.   moments to slow down and orient in the blooming.   not running full speed ahead, but take these steps intentionally, too.   savoring the opening.   as i continue to track myself and how my energy moves in cycles, i notice this pattern where when i have more outward energy, capacity, and spoons, i can get so excited about my capacity to do, the visions flooding in, the creative energy pulsing through me to actually act on them. over-identifying with this experience of myself is deeply a result of my capitalist and patriarchal conditioning in this society.   i notice how in this “inner spring”, this experience of blossoming, it is so important to remind myself of the wisdoms and to carry the wisdoms of winter with me. what is it like to pause, orient, and take a breath of stillness amidst the blooming? how does this make my experience of this moment even richer, more sensatio

\\ FULL MOON :: LUNAR ECLIPSE UPDATE //

we are walking through worlds, right now. the sun & the earth are shifting, literally beneath and above and between us. (there was an earth quake in so-called california on wednesday). by studying human design’s system of transits, by studying the patterns of the stars & planets and their cycles above, we can sense what plays out below. how “the Sun is conjuct Ketu in Hexagram 60, Limitation, the Gate of Acceptance, and the Earth is conjunct Rahu in Hexagram 56, the Wanderer, the Gate of Stimulation. Uranus in Hexagram 3, Difficulty at the Beginning, the Gate of Order. All together these energies are creating the Channel of Mutation” (from @humandesignlife, check out her work!)   this is a time of becoming deeply aware of our own limitations. what can we do, and what can we really not do? we have real, physical, tangible limitations. like it’s hard to love you if i am not also loving myself. i recently made a list of things i can do, and things i can’t do.   w