Skip to main content

of moving, of moved pt.II

echo memory :: june 19, 2018 : 

i am sitting here, in the mountains and i can smell the alfalfa near me. it is not growing. it is tied up, in a bundle. this bundle is for my use. it is for the practice of archery. i have yet to transport it to the forest for this purpose. the smell of it is nice. it lingers. it reminds me of fall, which reminds me of my childhood, which reminds me of my birthday. as i was transporting it, it shed many pieces of itself and they ended up collecting along the edge where the wall meets my deck. i liked this. i hope it liked it. i kept them there. for the lingering scent, but also for the sight, of something beautiful. of a chaotic, kind of beauty that i feel happens the most in the fall, when things are letting go and finding themselves strewn about everywhere, in a surrender to death, to change, to transition, to life. 

the rain is trickling, the rhythms of it can be heard against the trees and the rooftop. playing with each other. the birds echo in and out. different types of melodies coming in from the fog. the breeze is rolling in and it is cool. it is very cool and overcast. i ask myself if i want to go to denver... if i want to go to pride. i don’t really get a clear answer. well, actually. i get a no. and i suppose i am dissatisfied with that. 

my neighbor speaks, and i can hear his voice hit the environments around him. it is deep and a little urgent. i wonder about how people are aware or unaware of their presence in the world and the impact it has. i wonder about impact. about as we move through our environments, we interact with them, with every sound, touch, look. how there is impact. and is this impact intentional? are we are tracking the ways we touch and are touched by the Other? i am not sure. 

it is soon that i will leave this familiar environment, of ponderosa, of mountain, of forest, of quiet. it is soon that i will leave this place, and i can feel the sadness. feel the immense gift this place has been for my soul. and how a part of me feels like i haven’t fully taken advantage of it. stayed inside too much. not spent days upon days outside. 

and i know that the outside will always be there. wherever i go. even if it is far. it will be there. to greet my soul, to hold it, to be someone to speak with. nature is an incredible ally. it is the deepest accomplice in this fight we are facing. 

slow, kind movements. 
slow, kind movements of birds inside. of hearing the rain but realizing it is your own crying. 
slow, kind movements, even when things are twitching and won’t stop. 

even when the anxiety rises and tightens in a chest, that is not mine, is it mine? even when i find myself on the moon and i am not sure how i got there :


slow, kind movements. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(inside there is a death forest)

this video is a welcoming of the coming of winter. a ritual offering to Morana, the slavic goddess of death and rebirth, of winter, and of dreams. a heartfelt calling to the Beloved who dwells within. winter always reminds me of my aloneness. the sacred temple of my own heart. how when i am looking to be saved, there is no one really to save me but my own self. this video is a celebration of an inward turn towards self, finding friendship there. an exploration of how my gender is ecologically defined and seasonal. this is a non-binary body project. the small beginnings of what it means to find safety in myself and metabolize shame. this body, who has been a home of sexual violation. this body, who has received without wanting to, this body, who has been tricked into giving, this body, who has survived and carried breath across generations. this body, who knows pain, and this body, who is also beginning again to re-know pleasure. this short film is a compilation of imag

may we rest

moments to pause and praise amidst the quickening,   the racing of vision and breath.   moments to slow down and orient in the blooming.   not running full speed ahead, but take these steps intentionally, too.   savoring the opening.   as i continue to track myself and how my energy moves in cycles, i notice this pattern where when i have more outward energy, capacity, and spoons, i can get so excited about my capacity to do, the visions flooding in, the creative energy pulsing through me to actually act on them. over-identifying with this experience of myself is deeply a result of my capitalist and patriarchal conditioning in this society.   i notice how in this “inner spring”, this experience of blossoming, it is so important to remind myself of the wisdoms and to carry the wisdoms of winter with me. what is it like to pause, orient, and take a breath of stillness amidst the blooming? how does this make my experience of this moment even richer, more sensatio

entry from my quarantine journal

4.12.20 who i have been, and who i will become, hovering in this present moment like the humming bird i saw quivering outside of my window this morning. humming birds, in their beingness, remind me of joy, joy perhaps at the arrival of spring, or joy for no reason at all but just because.   i’m learning to relax my shoulders. as i’m learning to relax my shoulders, i’m learning to also let go of what is not mine to carry and leave the responsibility of changing others behind. it’s not my responsibility to change how others will navigate this moment, or the next, or how we will even transform society together. it is more about: me, being me, and changing myself, for that is really the only thing i have control over, and if that inspires someone else, me being me, than so it is.   to be on earth in these times. i do feel that i chose to come here for a reason, and i can feel the ancestors hands beckoning, and i feel the weight slide off as i remember bayo’s words: “your lif